Star Wars Invaders is a graphical hack of the game, changing game sprites into various entities from the Star Wars movies.
Star Wars InvadersEdit
This hack of Space Invaders plays exactly the same as the original version, just with a change of graphics. The graphics were changed to imitate various craft from the Star Wars movies, as the players' laser bases are now X-Wing Fighters, bunkers are now radars, the Invaders are all Empire ships, being the Shuttle Tydirium, Star Destroyers and various T. I. E. Fighters, and the Command Alien Ship is now the Death Star.
The hack was created by someone identified only as "Freddie".
- Moving Shields--radar bunkers move back and forth
- Zigzagging Laser Bombs--Empire ships' shots zigzag back and forth towards the ground
- Fast Laser Bombs--Empire ships' Bombs drop quickly
- Invisible Invaders--Empire ships are invisible unless one (or the Death Star) is shot, which they then briefly reappear
- Large X-Wing--flipping a difficulty switch on the 2600 console to the A position makes players' X-Wings twice as large
Game variations, player setupEdit
There are two player alternating variations, along with variations to not only have both players onscreen at once, but there are also several competing variations as well, such as ones where if one player gets hit by Empire ships' fire, the other player is awarded 200 points. Others include alternating shots where if one player takes too long to fire their X-Wing then it will automatically shoot.
Other variations include ones where one player controls the X-Wing, along with one player can only move it to the right, while the other player can only move it to the left. Other variations allow one movement and one shot per player, then the other player gets to do the same, and others have one player move the X-Wing while the other player fires.
- Row 1 Ship--5 points
- Row 2 Ship--10 points
- Row 3 Ship--15 points
- Row 4 Ship--20 points
- Row 5 Ship--25 points
- Row 6 Ship--30 points
- Death Star--200 points, or 100 points in certain game variations
- Other player's X-Wing hit--200 points awarded to other player on certain competitive game variations
The original game came with several label variations, which are known as Picture, Text, Red, and Silver labels. This version comes as a ROM file only to be played on Atari emulators.
Atari Age Star Wars Invaders page