Fish Revenge is a graphical hack of the game -- it plays exactly the same as the original version -- just having changed game sprites, as the invaders and the Command Alien Ship were made into fish, the player's laser cannon is made into a gun, and the barriers were made into "road blocks" with the initials of "GZ" on top. The background also changes color to yellow with every shot fired by the player and all the fish will start flashing once the flying fish (the Command Alien Ship) appears.
The hack was created by Greg Zumwalt.
- Moving Shields--road blocks move back and forth
- Zigzagging Laser Bombs--Fishes' shots zigzag back and forth towards the ground
- Fast Laser Bombs--Fishes' Bombs drop quickly
- Invisible Invaders--Fishes are invisible unless one (or the flying one) is shot, which they then briefly reappear
- Large Laser Cannon--flipping a difficulty switch on the 2600 console to the A position makes players' guns twice as large
Game variations, player setupEdit
There are two player alternating variations, along with variations to not only have both players onscreen at once, but there are also several competing variations as well, such as ones where if one player gets hit by fishes' fire, the other player is awarded 200 points. Others include alternating shots where if one player takes too long to fire their gun then it will automatically shoot.
Other variations include ones where one player controls the gun, along with one player can only move it to the right, while the other player can only move it to the left. Other variations allow one movement and one shot per player, then the other player gets to do the same, and others have one player move the gun while the other player fires.
- Row 1 fish--5 points
- Row 2 fish--10 points
- Row 3 fish--15 points
- Row 4 fish--20 points
- Row 5 fish--25 points
- Row 6 fish--30 points
- Flying fish--200 points, or 100 points in certain game variations
- Other player's gun hit--200 points awarded to other player on certain competitive game variations
- Move gun--joystick left and right
The original game came with several label variations, which are known as Picture, Text, Red, and Silver labels. This version comes as a ROM file only to be played on Atari emulators.
Atari Age Fish Revenge page